Helping Hands Welcome
Conservation Project Assistant
Greenways Land Trust is seeking youth between the ages of 15 and 30 for two Conservation Project Assistant positions in 2019. The Conservation Project Assistant is responsible for supporting Greenways Land Trust staff and volunteers in their efforts to restore, sustain and protect natural areas and critical habitats, particularly ecological and recreational greenways, for the benefit of the Campbell River community.
- Assisting with Greenways’ Invasive Species Removal program and invasive species monitoring, Baikie Island Habitat Restoration, and Canada Goose Monitoring Program;
- Assisting Greenways’ Community Engagement Coordinator with the Greenways Adopt-a-Trail program in the Beaver Lodge Forest Lands and supporting the delivery of school programs and the Greenways Conservation Team;
- Providing public education through displays, flyers and brochures;
- Maintaining equipment inventory and reorganizing storage facilities;
- Writing news media releases, taking project and program photographs, updating website, updating email and membership mailing lists;
- Support volunteers as needed in the office and in the field;
And other duties as requested by the Executive Director and other Greenways’ staff members.
Please click here for a detailed job description.
Established in 1996, Greenways Land Trust works to restore, sustain and protect natural areas and critical habitats, particularly ecological and recreational greenways, for the benefit of our community in beautiful Campbell River, B.C. Greenways is guided by an active, working Board of Directors, driven by a dynamic team of three other staff members, and enhanced by the dedication of hundreds of community volunteers. The successful applicant will be working in a positive, upbeat organizational culture committed to enhancing nature for people and wildlife.
Please submit an application by Wednesday, March 6th, to email@example.com. The position is for 37.5 hours per week for 16 weeks, subject to funding. Pay rate is $14.10/hr. Anticipated start date May 1st, 2019.